We need all hands on deck and all boots on the ground to ensure the continued flow of people and goods along the I-710 South Corridor – and the health and prosperity of communities along this vital corridor. Metro is convening its first in-person/virtual meeting of its I-710 South Corridor Task Force and Community Leadership Committee on Monday, November 21st at 6pm.
We’re mobilizing a grassroots army of BizFed leaders
to show up and speak up during agenda item #3.
WHY IT MATTERS
Leaders from the Ports of Long Beach and Los Angeles are slated to present multimodal strategies aimed at advancing public safety, operational efficiency, and other long-range goals on Monday. We need a cadre of strong businesses voices to help transform smart ideas into executable projects. Billions of dollars in federal funding is available for our region invest in zero-emission mobility, grow the goods movement and logistics sector, and uplift communities along the I-710 South corridor.
- With the right investments, we can upgrade this corridor without widening it.
- Ensuring trucks can safely and efficiently transport essential goods is critically important.
- Metro must work collaboratively with our federal partners to get the most mileage out of available funding.
As a reminder, the mission of BizFed’s ad hoc I-710 South Corridor Task Force is to ensure funds unlocked by passage of the bipartisan Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act (IIJA) are invested in all modes of transportation to improve safety and promote economic prosperity benefitting sectors and communities throughout the region.
WHAT YOU CAN DO
- Attend in person on Monday, November 21st from 6 to 8pm at the South Gate Park Auditorium (4900 Southern Ave. South Gate, CA 90280) and speak during public comment after agenda item #3. REGISTER HERE – IN PERSON
- Attend the meeting virtually on Monday, November 21st from 6 to 8pm and speak during public comment after agenda item #3. REGISTER HERE – ZOOM
Proud to keep people and goods on the move – for the good of all Americans!