Founded in 2007, the Los Angeles County Business Federation, better known as BizFed, is a grassroots alliance of more than 180 top business groups representing 400,000 businesses with 3.5 million employees throughout LA County. BizFed’s proactive, fast-paced staff team manages a variety of member-directed committees to organize, educate, and ultimately advocate on critical issues affecting business growth, job creation, and economic vitality in Southern California and beyond. BizFed’s public policy engagement reaches into all 88 cities throughout Los Angeles County, as well Sacramento and Washington.
Immediate, full-time opening for an experienced, assertive, organized, detail-oriented individual with superlative logistical and administrative talents and excellent writing skills. The Coordinator would join a small, savvy, hard-charging team, taking ownership of all administrative and logistical tasks related to managing our office, CRM, and events, and supporting the team’s work.
The office is in right off the 5 and 710 freeways in the City of Commerce, with free parking. Hours are generally 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday to Friday. This is a full time exempt position with a competitive salary, plus medical, dental and other benefits.
- Operations Coordinator is a key team player who delivers superb customer service at all times to our members.
- Executes all board, advocacy committee, special meeting, and event preparation and support. Meeting preparation includes handling of all logistics, RSVP’s, materials preparation, set-up, and attendance at various times and locations around the county.
- Manages our CRM (Nationbuilder) with great attention to detail. Act as point person/support for staff who have questions about our CRM, implement best practices, and notify staff of new product roll outs that could benefit our work.
- Performs the full range of standard office management functions, including: reception, mail, procurement of supplies, bank deposits, filing, etc.
- Assists Business Development team with administrative support, namely ensuring paperwork is received and recorded appropriately in CRM, some correspondence with new members as part of onboarding process.
- Maintains records and organization of shared dropbox.
- Coordinates production and delivery of marketing materials.
- Interacts with vendors and contractors
- Assists CEO on special projects, occasionally helping with scheduling and travel arrangements.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the CEO and COO.
- Prior experience working in a professional office environment.
- Expertise with MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook and Powerpoint), and Google Applications
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Keen eye for details
- Creativity in problem solving
- Discretion and high level of integrity
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- A good sense of humor and pleasant demeanor
- Ability to juggle multiple projects in an environment where priorities shift rapidly.
- Ability to learn new technologies and serve as a resource to teammates who need help with applications
- Ability to lift boxes and materials related to event production
- A valid driver’s license and reliable car with capacity to move items for board meetings.
To apply, please submit your resume via Indeed by noon on April 10th, 2019.