As many of you know, a little over a week ago, the US Senate passed a $1.2 Trillion Infrastructure Package that includes $550 billion in new investments in roads, bridges, broadband and more.
Since then, we’ve had the state and federal team of LA Metro provide us an update on what this will mean for the Los Angeles Region.
I’m excited to let you know that we will be receiving another presentation, this time, from the Port of Long Beach. The update will be at next week’s BizFed Transportation and Trade Committee meeting beginning at 4pm.
We know that the Senate-passed Infrastructure Bill is now in Congress and is awaiting further action.
Here’s the “skinny” of the bill:
- Roads and Bridges: $110 Billion
- Railroads: $66 Billion
- Grid Reliability $65 Billion
- Broadband: $65 Billion
- Water: $55 Billion
- Cybersecurity and Climate Change Mitigation: $47 Billion
- Public Transit: $39 Billion
- Airports: $25 Billion
- Remediation: $21 Billion
- Ports: $17 Billion
- Highway and Pedestrian Safety: $11 Billion
- Western Water Infrastructure: $8 Billion
- EV Charging Stations: $7.5 Billion
- Electric School Buses: $7.5 Billion
In Your Corner,