Formed to meet this challenge, the Southern California Leadership Council was founded in 2005 as a non-partisan, non-profit, business-led public policy partnership of business and community leaders. The Leadership Council exerts strong leadership on issues of regional significance, providing a common voice on major public policies critical to economic vitality, job growth and quality of life in Southern California. The Leadership Council unites business and community leaders from throughout the seven-county region into one effective leadership organization whose membership includes two former California Governors and over three dozen Presidents and CEO’s of top Southern California companies.
Since its inception, the Leadership Council has been providing leadership on a number of important regional issues including:
- Economic competitiveness and the policies that help retain key jobs and key industries in Southern California
- Transportation planning, infrastructure and financing mechanisms
- Goods movement and the infrastructure and policies to keep our region competitive
- Water and Energy supply and reliability
- Climate Change policies implemented so as to preserve our global competitiveness
Visit us at: https://www.socallc.org/