ACTION ALERT: Massive mobilization for AQMP hearing on Feb. 3
We need you, and as many people whom you can bring, to attend the Hearing on the 2016 Air Quality Management Plan(AQMP or Plan), which is a regional blueprint for achieving federal air quality standards being voted on by the South Coast Air Quality Management District (SCAQMD) Governing Board next Friday (2/3). We must have a massive turnout from the business community to ensure the AQMP does not take a turn for the worse!
How to take action
Attend the Hearing! You are welcome to make public comments; however, we most need people in the audience who will stand when speakers from the business community make comments. We must visually show the Board that there is a strong constituency present seeking economic and environmental balance.
Important details about the AQMP Hearing:
WHAT: Public Hearing on the adoption of the 2016 Air Quality Management Plan
WHEN: Friday, February 3, 9 a.m.
WHERE: SCAQMD Headquarters (Auditorium), 21865 Copley Drive, Diamond Bar, CA 91765
- Arrive by 8 a.m. to get a seat – look for BizFed staff in the lobby to direct you. It is critical that we have as many people as possible in the auditorium during the Hearing.
- The rally attire color for the business community is navy blue or black (business casual is ok).
- This is a big hearing with a crowd of 300 expected from the environmental community.
- There is a cafeteria in the building.
- The building has WiFi and you can bring your electronics into the Board hearing (silent mode).
POINT OF CONTACT: Please get in touch with BizFed Policy Manager Brandon Matson to let him know that you are planning to attend. Contact Brandon via email at Brandon.Matson@BizFed.org or by cell phone at 310.938.5371.
Click here to download the public hearing notice from SCAQMD
Why attending this hearing is so important
The outcome of the 2016 AQMP will significantly affect the way in which industry is regulated for years to come, impacting businesses of all sizes throughout the South Coast Air Basin. Advocates for the excessive regulation of industry will be out in force at the Hearing, and we can’t allow their efforts to persuade the Board to pursue draconian regulatory approaches that put our region at further economic and competitive disadvantage!
Click here to download and share BizFed’s AQMP Coalition Paper