Calling all BizFed leaders with experience preparing Environmental Impact Reports, identifying advance mitigation needs, and analyzing geographic data! There’s an opportunity for you to amplify the voice of business in an immensely impactful way as we prepare for the rollout of the SoCal Greeprint regional mapping tool.
Remember our Victory Alert last month about the Southern California Association of Government’s (SCAG’s) full council vote to unanimously adopt the BizFed-supported RAMP Policy Framework? It resets the Greenprint process and establishes a Technical Advisory Committee (TAC) with a seat reserved for business.
SCAG is now seeking the right business community representative to fill that seat, which was created through a BizFed-supported amendment.
- The advisory committee will provide a forum for members to advise and provide input to SCAG staff. (It will not directly make recommendations to SCAG’s legislative bodies.)
- Committee input will cover data policies and user guidelines, data governance standards, data selection criteria, data parameters, resolutions for disagreements on implementation of the Greeprint tool, and more.
- There will be at least three workshops (four hours each) in June, July, and August. Members must be available to actively participate in all three workshops.
Are you interested in serving on the Greenprint TAC?
Click below to fill out the application. Follow up with a note to Senior Policy Manager Chris Wilson so he can take the necessary steps to help advance your application for consideration.
The application deadline is Monday, April 17.
In addition to the business representative, the new advisory committee will include representatives from:
- Transportation commissions for Imperial, Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino, and Ventura counties.
- The city of Los Angeles.
- Two city governments within Imperial, Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino, and Ventura counties.
- The environmental community.
We get one seat – let’s use it to ensure the voice of business is heard!
BizFed Founding CEO