You have friends in powerful positions.
BizFed leaders are being tapped to serve in leadership roles at various levels of government. You saw our alert about Maria Mehranian’s appointment to the state’s Delta Stewardship Council. We’re thrilled to follow up to share that BizFed leaders Juan Camacho and Lee Williams have been sworn in to key board positions serving the city of Los Angeles.
CONGRATULATIONS, JUAN CAMACHO!
Juan Camacho is Vice President of Government Relations for Fox Corporation. He was appointed by Mayor Karen Bass and sworn in this week to serve on the Los Angeles Board of City Tourism Commissioners. The board has five members appointed by the mayor and confirmed by the city council. The City Tourism Department (CTD) Executive Director reports directly to the board. Juan and his fellow commissioners are responsible for:
- Advising the mayor and city council on tourism, city marketing, and Convention Center operations.
- Overseeing public-private partnerships with the private operator of the Convention Center and leaders of convention and visitors bureaus.
- Advising on strategic plans for tourism and hotel development.
- Providing recommendations on rates.
CONGRATULATIONS, LEE WILLIAMS!
Lee Williams is immediate past chairman of the San Pedro Chamber and leads the Lee Williams Real Estate Group. He was appointed by Mayor Karen Bass and sworn in this week to serve on the Los Angeles Board of Harbor Commissioners. The board has five members appointed by the mayor and confirmed by the city council to serve five-year terms.
- The Harbor Commission has jurisdiction within the Harbor District.
- It promotes maritime, commerce, navigation, fisheries, and public waterfront access.
- Annual elections are typically held in July for the offices of president and vice president.
Mayor Bass’s appointments so far reflect her commitment to maintaining balanced voices on city boards. She also appointed BizFed Executive Committee member Cameron Onumah to serve on the Board of City Tourism Commissioners. That means BizFed leaders will account for two out of five commissioners on this city board when Cameron is sworn in.
We couldn’t be prouder to see our members stepping up for public service – and ensuring the voice of business is heard.
BizFed Founding CEO